Friday, October 5, 2012

Preparation Never Wasted Time......



Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
 Proverbs 31:28

As a little girl I dreamed of my wedding day and getting married in my 20's, having a white house with a white picket fence in the front, and two children to complete my family.  Funny thing is I didn't find my Prince Charming until I was in my 30's. I had a practice run in my 20's but it was more learning lessons and discovery who I was as a person. I was 31 yrs old, I remember sitting in my house alone & crying out to God how all I wanted was to meet the man God had for me and having my family just like my dream. Now, the funny thing is I didn't realize that all that time I felt alone and questioning God every chance I got. I look back now and realize God was in the middle of preparation for the biggest challenge of my life....

The first big challenge, was learning how to be a good wife. Now it is easy to fall in love & plan for that special day where you and your man become one in the sight of God. Most people put more time & energy in planning for their wedding day than planning for their marriage. I was as guilty as the next one. The difference is, now I am planning & changing becoming the wife that God has called all wives to be. My goal is to become the Proverbs 31 woman that prayed for her husband & her children called her "BLESSED." So I am a working progress.....

The Second Big Challenge, was becoming a mother for the first time. I remember the excitement of learning that I was pregnant. I remember looking at my husband and saying I am carrying my baby girl. The joy I felt when I seen that ultrasound of my baby girl. We fell in love with her before we even seen her. I knew she was healthy and beautiful. On January 15, 2010, she made her entrance into our lives that changed us forever. She was perfect and actually a easy baby. We watched her grow, learn, and love. Now almost 3 yrs later, she knows ..."she is important, she is beautiful, she is kind, and she is loved."

The Third and Biggest Challenge of all, was learning that I was carrying my second child. We had more feelings sweeping through us during this pregnancy than the last. How do you transition from one child to two. I spoke with other mom's and read as much as I could. The excitement actually seeing my baby boy in the ultrasound was overwhelming. I knew in my heart I had my complete family. On Oct 5, 2010, my baby boy Mason James made his entrance and completed our family. He has been more challenging for us and the transition honestly has been hard. BUT I am the proudest mom ever to have this little loving creature wrapped around my heart, soul, and body. His first months were hard due to his colic but he got through it. He is so sensitive, loving, and his laugh just melts my heart completely. His cries for "momma" has brought me to my knees asking God for guidance and teaching me to be a better mom.

My children have taught me so much. I know they will teach others and bless others like they have blessed our families. Maddie & Mason love singing, playing music instruments and of course dancing. Having two walking toddlers, their is never a dull moment. You never know what is going to happen next or what is going to come out of their mouth. Especially, Maddie. She is the stage of repeating everything...literally everything...When daddy works over and we have our quiet moments we rehearse the day that might be full of frustrations but what we remember the most of the day is the joy that our kids have brought to our lives. We sit and laugh over what each of them might of done or said and that to me is the GREATEST JOY every! 

We give God Almighty all the glory for the days of preparation was not wasted time at all sometimes I feel I could of taken a little more in but that's okay because I am still learning and growing and becoming the wife and mother that my family needs. Honestly, that is all that matters.

Happy 1st Birthday to my baby boy....MASON JAMES! 

You are IMPORTANT, You are handsome, You are kind, You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment