Saturday, September 29, 2012

Humble......


My devotion this morning was of James 4:7-10.

One of the hardest things in my life was submission. To me I had not totally understood what that word meant. I actually became scared literally of submission. To me to submit meant to obey something or someone. Which really that is not what God meant for us at all. What was demonstrated in my life was abuse of submission and God says, let me heal you of this and show you what it truly means to submit to me and my word.

So what is submission. In the dictionary online, Submission is defined as an act or instance of submitting, the condition of having submitted, conduct or attitude.

Now that doesn't sound that bad. I have had it all wrong all this time. Basically I take it that is really is just the attitude of the heart.  So all God really wants us to do is let our guard down, trust him completely and keep our attitude in check. But my fist was gripped so tight I was wouldn't let go of the control of actually allowing God to love me and show me His way.  So, I feel like I am jumping out of the airplane with my parachute on, I jump. My arms are stretched out and my body is completely parallel to ground below me and I say out loud and to myself "Here I am Lord, use me, mold me, change me, I submit my ALL to the Potter's Hand!

James 4:7-10
Submit to God & then Resist the devil & he will flee (run) from you.
Draw near to God, He will draw near to you
New King James: Cleanse your hands, you sinners;
Message: So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin.
New King James: Purify (free from anything that pollutes, from from guilt or evil, to clear or purge, and to make clean) your hearts, you double –minded,  Lament & mourn & weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
Message: Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet.
 New King James: Humble (not proud or arrogant, courteously respectful, small in a size) yourselves in the sight of the Lord, He will lift you up
Message:  Don’t bad-mouth each other, friends. It’s God’s Word, his Message, his Royal Rule, that takes a beating in that kind of talk. You’re supposed to be honoring the Message, not writing graffiti all over it. God is in charge of deciding human destiny. Who do you think you are to meddle in the destiny of others?  - OUCH!

 My prayer:
My Lord Jesus Christ,
I humbly come before you and thank you for your unconditional love and forgiveness. According to your word in I JN 1:9 “if I confess my sins you are faithful and just to forgive me of ALL my sins and cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness” I stand in your presence in awe of you and ask you for forgiveness for my hidden resentment and discontentment, the way I have conducted myself in word and in deed (action).  I thank you Heavenly Father that I can again stand righteous in my relationship with you and be pure in heart and submit myself completely to You and your Word! I love you Lord!
In Jesus Name I Pray,
Amen
Until Next Time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment