Saturday, September 29, 2012

Virtuous Woman

"A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds"
Proverbs 31:10 -Message


When I was 11 yrs old, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Throughout the years, my walk with the Lord was difficult and was a raging roller coaster due to how I viewed myself.  I constantly compared myself to others and was  more concern about "keeping up with the Jones"and fitting in with my peers. Which is extremely hard to do as a teenager. I did amazing things as a teenager for the Lord but I also did not fully grasp His love and His acceptance for me until my children were born.

So when I heard this verse for the first time when I was a teenager I told myself I could never be a virtuous woman because I wasn't good enough. Not realizing and fully understanding then what I know now that God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) and what he does for one of His children He will do for the other.

I grew up in a Word Church but unfortunately along the way I believed the lies that I told myself, my environment more than I believed what God's Word said about WHO I WAS in Christ! I heard this recently, why do you think the devil works so hard to defeat you and bring you down....Because God has plans for your life and it is easier to throw distractions in your path to deter you away from God's purpose in your life.

From age 29-32 yrs old I ran completely away from God just like a football player running with the ball trying to reach that touchdown line that was me running hard and fast away from God Almighty. I lost my purpose and I didn't want to hear anything that God or anyone else had to say.  On my back I carried a heaviness of bitterness, anger, unforgiveness, and resentment. In my running season I ran smack into the arms of my loving husband. Yep! God always has a way to bring you back to Him even using situations and people to do so. When I was dating my husband I learned he was raised in a Baptist Church and has a heart after the Lord but due to unfortunate situations out of his control as a young man that relationship he once had with Jesus was temporary out of the picture. Until smack, he met me. :) See how God works. I had a divine appointment with my Heavenly Father and so did my husband. God knew my heart and knew my deepest desires for a man of God, Godly marriage, and raising children in good Godly home.

At the end of the day my tests in my life brought me back to His feet in a new, fresh anointing that I fully can grasp, love and appreciate now. All the while it brings God the Glory for His goodness! I no longer want or desire to be a lukewarm Christian like Revelation 3:16 speak of. I desire to strive and be more like Jesus in every way. Not basing God's Word on "how I feel or how it makes me feel, or what the situation is" Believing and Trusting Him in everything! So I decided to start reading and allow the Holy Spirit to teach and help me to fully understand Proverbs 31:10-31. For the next 30 days I am taken this challenge in a new light. Seeing God as He sees me - A VIRTUOUS WOMAN of GOD!

Until Next time

No comments:

Post a Comment