Saturday, September 29, 2012

His Divine Appointment

When I was a young girl, my church had a ceremony on "saving yourself until marriage." I participated and we were encouraged to write down what our heart desires were in a husband even the features. My standard list went something like this:
  • Husband that works hard
  • Husband that can take care of me financially
  • He needs to have broad shoulders
  • He needs to be able to sing and play instrument to me
  • He needs to have blue eyes - so my children can have blue eyes
  • He needs to be able to love God and be a man of God
I was 32 yrs old, when I met my husband. I was at crossroads in my life and wasn't sure which way I should go since I had ran so far away from God and His purpose for my life. My husband and I met through mutual friends and in my mind no way he would be a match because he was 8 yrs younger than me. Which ended up being a joke on me. From the first time we met we were stuck like glue.We had never really had a so called "date night."  We hit it off right from the beginning. A connection between us was something I really never felt or had before. He was average height, baby blue eyes, broad shoulders, strong & masculine, sang, played guitar, sense of humor (actually very comical), playful, and above all he had a solid job  as a Correctional Officer.
We spent day and night together for a whole week. Our time spent together felt like our hearts were being weaved together carefully and gently by God Himself. Through one of our many talks,  he shared the fact that when he was young he accepted Jesus in his heart.  Talk about Divine Appointment. My heart stopped and soaked up that moment in time literally. My mind and spirit were finally at peace. The memories that were created that week I will never  ever forget and will always treasure those moments. He made me feel like a princess literally, He was my knight and shining armor in the flesh. He was the man of my dreams but stop there. I backed off. I knew I had to stop and put my face back into reality and make a solid & wise decision at those crossroads. SO, I took a weekend to myself and faced God for the first time. Asked Him, What I should do. I ended a relationship that truly wasn't going anywhere and was a waste of my time. My heart yearned and seek and I found the man that God had for me. Divine Appointment was set. Answers to my prayers met.

So we picked up where we ended on Friday and a new beginning started on Monday. Our week turned into months and then I found out I was expecting our baby. Everything seemed to fall into place. I felt great and everything seemed wonderful. On Jan 29, 2008, we were suppose to go out for my birthday but because of feeling weezy we spend the evening home. My mother came over to visit that night and my knight & shining armor had a surprise up his sleeve literally. He got down on one knee and asked me to become his wife. Of course tears of joy overwhelmed me as I said yes. In the coming weeks, we experienced deep sadness as we lost our baby but within months our sadness was turned to complete happiness. We decided to say "I do" in front of our close family & friends.
If people don't believe in Miracles and how God can turn situations around...I am a perfected example of what God is able to do. My husband is literally my BEST FRIEND, who has my admiration, respect and love unconditionally no matter what the situation may be .
Until Next time

No comments:

Post a Comment