Saturday, September 29, 2012

Taking One Step at a Time

Since I was a child I loved to write and ramble on paper or actually type on an actual typewriter. My thoughts and feelings would get lost during that time in my life when I felt lost and confused. Now as adult, I return to the love of writing with complete passion and with a better perspective on who I am in Christ, a mother, and a wife. I really hope you decide to follow with me on my journey that I am taking writing these blogs.

For close to two years I have been a Homemaker/Stay at Home mom. I fully didn't understand completely my important role of being  technically "homemaker/stay at home mom" until recently. I have always wanted to be a mom as long as I could remember. In my 20's I became so angry and mad at God for not giving me a baby  and now I just smile and laugh. Realizing that sometimes you need to just go through things to prepare you for better things. Even during those days that I felt mad, I still heard God's still small voice say to me, "it's not time, your day is coming."

Looking back and understanding anyone young girl or woman can get pregnant and have a baby but it stands true it takes a lot of sacrifice, love, patience (which I am still working on), prayer, and lack of sleep to be a mother. The mother's role is deeper than I truly understood until Father God started showing me and telling me it's time to go deeper. Being a mom is also a  spiritual responsibility to your child/children.  I still don't see the big picture of what it takes to be a mother but I am learning day by day by the prompting and teaching of God's Word. God has given us Godly people to learn from and grow in Christ. Technology is great in some ways. We are down to one vehicle and my husband uses it to go to work and provide for his family. So all I have is to rely on other people (which I have always despised to do-just because I hate imposing on people to get me places). For awhile I was becoming angry and mad at the situation instead embracing this season in time.

Until I heard TD Jakes, talk about taking steps in our lives. Not leaps! Steps-one step at a time! Ps. 37:23 "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord." I sat there and listened intently and it felt like I had been asleep for 20 yrs and was just waking up to a fresh pot of coffee. My spirit, soul, and body was jolted and shocked with CPR from my Heavenly Father telling me, "WAKE UP! The Time is NOW!" Wow, refreshed with His Love, His Grace, and His Forgiveness! My road ahead of me is not going to be easy, but I'm holding on to His GRACE  and I know It's only a TEST! I don't have to feel unglued all the time but learn that my REACTION DETERMINES MY REACH!

Until next time,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment